Book with confidence - Verified landlords, secure payments, damage protection, and 24-hour after-arrival protection in case of listing inaccuracies.
If you find that your apartment is not as advertised, report this to us within 24 hours of move-in, and you’re eligible for a refund. We will transfer your first month's rent to the landlord only if everything is as expected.
We thoroughly vet all landlords and apartments through our expert onboarding team and use our partner Stripe for added financial verification to ensure end-to-end anti-fraud protection.
We take payment data security seriously. All payments are securely handled by our certified payment provider partner Stripe. Stripe's platform meets the highest security standards worldwide to handle and keep payments safe.
Damage protection: (applicable for bookings only in Spain & France)
Every booking comes with tenant and landlord damage protection. Together with AXA, one of the leading insurance and financial services groups, we have developed a unique and exclusive policy solution tailored to the concept of furnished living.
Terms & Conditions
Each apartment on Homelike is verified by our internal teams. Furthermore, we use a third-party platform for further financial verification through the trusted payments platform, Stripe. Despite this verification, Homelike cannot be held responsible for any information uploaded by our landlords.
All payments are securely handled by our PCI-certified partner Stripe. Stripe’s platform meets the highest certification standards and keeps payments safe. Homelike and Stripe force HTTPS for all services to ensure secure connections.
In the case of a dispute between tenant and landlord, Homelike advises both parties to solve it themselves. If this turns out to be impossible, parties can make their claim with Homelike. The tenant and landlord needs to provide as many details and proof as possible.
Any claim shall be individually assessed by Homelike. Homelike reserves the right to request any relevant document as deemed necessary on a case by case basis. Homelike acts as a moderator to these disputes. After taking all the provided information into consideration, Homelike will suggest solutions to both parties.
Only payments collected by Homelike during the booking confirmation can be covered by ‘The Homelike Promise’.
Every claim needs to be submitted before 6 PM, local time, the day after check-in.
Example: Your move-in date is March 1st, 2022. You need to submit your claim through your Homelike Account, before 6 PM on March 2nd, 2022. Any claim submitted later than this will not be investigated by Homelike.
In case the apartment is not in a state that you can move into, Homelike can support you in finding an alternative apartment with the best efforts.
What is covered under Damage Protection?
(For Spain and France where the Tenant and Landlord package is included)
Our unique damage protection package is included in every booking providing protection for both tenants and landlords.
What is covered for tenants?*
- Personal belongings (e.g. Laptops, cell phones) of the TT of up to 5,000 EUR in the event of damage caused by fire, burglary, water, and storm.
- Unintentional damages caused by tenants are covered up to €10,000** per claim.
- Replacement cost as a result of key damage (e.g. loss) up to €10,000.
- Subsidiary liability and pet liability insurance for the tenant is included in the combined amount of 5M
What is covered for landlords?*
- Property damage to movable and immovable fixtures and fittings caused by fire, storm, water, and burglary*** up to 10x monthly rents (unless intentionally caused by tenants).
- Lost rent income due to damages from these same causes is covered up to 3x monthly rents.
*A 250€ deductible is applicable toward the cost of the claim.
**Limited to €30,000 per rental per year / per tenant per year.
***Certain security measures on the type of door lock need to be met to be eligible for a claim.
What happens if a Landlord cancels before check-in?
In very rare cases, where landlords cancel the booking last minute, you will automatically receive a full refund. We will do our best to assist you with finding another apartment for your stay.
What Arrival Protection covers.
- Landlord fails to provide access to the accommodations.
- Apartment has no utilities such as electricity or water.
- Apartment is located in a different location than advertised.
- Landlord provides a different apartment that doesn’t meet advertised listing.
- Incorrect home type (e.g. entire home, private room or shared room).
- Incorrect type or number of rooms (e.g. bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchens).
- Crucial amenities or crucial feature described in the Listing is not present or does not function:
- bathroom - toilet
- shower or bathtub
- kitchen - sink
- electrical, heating or air conditioning systems