We thoroughly vet all landlords and apartments through our expert onboarding team and use our partner Stripe for added financial verification to ensure end-to-end anti-fraud protection.
We take payment data security seriously. All payments are securely handled by our PCI-certified partner Stripe. Stripe's platform meets the highest certification standards and keeps payments safe. Homelike and Stripe force HTTPS for all services to ensure secure connections.
Your first month's payment is secure with us. We'll only release the funds to the landlord after you've moved in. In the rare and unlikely event the landlord needs to cancel your booking, you'll get a full refund from us. We'll also do our best to find you a similar or better apartment for your stay.
Damage protection: (applicable for bookings only in Spain & France)
Every booking comes with tenant and landlord damage protection. Together with AXA, one of the leading insurance and financial services groups, we have developed a unique and exclusive policy solution tailored to the concept of furnished living.
Terms & Conditions
Each apartment on Homelike is verified by our internal teams. Furthermore, we use a third-party platform for further financial verification through the trusted payments platform, Stripe. Despite this verification, Homelike cannot be held responsible for any information uploaded by our landlords.
All payments are securely handled by our PCI-certified partner Stripe. Stripe’s platform meets the highest certification standards and keeps payments safe. Homelike and Stripe force HTTPS for all services to ensure secure connections.
Only payments collected by Homelike during the booking confirmation can be covered by The ‘Homelike Promise’.
What is covered under Damage Protection?
(For Spain and France where the Tenant and Landlord package is included)
Our unique damage protection package is included in every booking providing protection for both tenants and landlords.
What is covered for tenants?*
- Personal belongings (e.g. Laptops, cell phones) of the TT of up to 5,000 EUR in the event of damage caused by fire, burglary, water, and storm.
- Unintentional damages caused by tenants are covered up to €10,000** per claim.
- Replacement cost as a result of key damage (e.g. loss) up to €10,000.
- Subsidiary liability and pet liability insurance for the tenant is included in the combined amount of 5M
What is covered for landlords?*
- Property damage to movable and immovable fixtures and fittings caused by fire, storm, water, and burglary*** up to 10x monthly rents (unless intentionally caused by tenants).
- Lost rent income due to damages from these same causes is covered up to 3x monthly rents.
*A 250€ deductible is applicable toward the cost of the claim.
**Limited to €30,000 per rental per year / per tenant per year.
***Certain security measures on the type of door lock need to be met to be eligible for a claim.
What happens if a Landlord cancels before check-in?
The first month's payment is secured to ensure the reservation of the apartment for you. The funds are released to the landlord only after you've moved in. In the rare and unlikely event the landlord needs to cancel your booking, you'll get a full refund from us. We’ll also do our best to find you a similar or better apartment for your stay.