Having accurate availability is key for the successful rental of your property. Errors with availability can lead to declined requests and might have a negative impact on the ranking and overall performance of your apartment.
In your Landlord Dashboard, you can set and maintain your availabilities in different ways. From Channel Managers to iCal, or even manually. This article focuses on manual availability management.
If you are connected through iCal or through one of our many channel manager integrations, the below description does not apply to you. Please refer to our other articles for this:
The basics of availability management
To get started, log in to your Homelike account and select at the top of the page ‘Availability’.
On this page, you can find your apartments. By default, your online apartments are filtered out. You can use the search bar to find a specific property or a group of properties.
The date picker, on the top right, changes the date range you see in front of you. This is perfect if you would like to insert any blocked-out dates, such as existing bookings, further in the future.
How to interpret the calendar fields?
- Red fields represent “blockers”. In other words, the dates on which your apartment is not available (e.g., It is booked, repairs are ongoing, or private usage).
- Green fields represent your Homelike bookings. You can get a full overview of the bookings by clicking on it.
If you have more than one unit connected to your listing, the number of units that are booked on Homelike will appear over the green field. The overview of these bookings is provided by clicking on this number.
- White fields show the period in which your apartment is available.
- The greyed-out area shows weekends.
Adding a blocked period
- If a change in availability occurs, simply click on the first affected day and click on “set blocker” from the action menu.
- In the pop-up window that opens, you can select the end of the blocker period. Confirm the selected blocker period by clicking on “Set blocker”.
- This blocker will now be visible in your calendar and to our guests as well.
Edit or remove a blocker
- Click on the period marked in red and select “Remove blocker”. This deletes the blocked period from your calendar completely, and thus your property will be considered available again.
- Click on the period marked in red and select “Edit blocker”. This allows you to change the blocker. The period can be redefined and saved.
Whenever the guests extend or cancel their stay, Homelike will adjust the bookings. You cannot adjust this manually.
Have a look at our other FAQ pages, or get in touch with your Account Manager at Homelike for more information.
Didn’t find the answer you were looking for?