If a tenant has bindingly booked your apartment, but you cannot provide it for the booked period, please contact our support team immediately by filling out the contact form with the required data and information.
To avoid being responsible for cancellations, Homelike recommends that landlords:
- Always keep your apartment availabilities always up to date. If you offer your apartment across multiple platforms, make sure to always keep Homelike updated with changes and availability
- Periodically review your apartment descriptions and update any eventual changes
- When reviewing your price information, double-check the values entered to avoid errors
Invoice adjustment and fees
From 01.04.2021, Homelike is establishing a new policy regarding fees that apply in the event of a cancellation/termination driven by landlords. This new guideline will bring more transparency and standardize how we operate in these situations. The new guidelines will apply to bookings in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Spain.
A fixed percentage of 40% (forty) will be charged in the event of a landlord-driven cancellation / termination. The percentage will be applied to the fee value that is being cancelled, up to a maximum amount of EUR 400.
Example 1: A landlord has a booking with Homelike. The original invoice has a value of EUR 300. The booking had to be cancelled due to incorrect availability information provided by the landlord. The invoice will be adjusted to (40% * EUR 300) EUR 120.
Example 2: A landlord has a booking with Homelike. The original invoice has a value of EUR 1000. The booking had to be cancelled due to incorrect price information provided by the landlord. The invoice will be adjusted to (40% * EUR 1000) EUR 400.
The consequences set out in this article may not apply in certain limited circumstances, listed below, that occur during the period between the booking confirmation and the move-in.
- Changes to government travel requirements
- Declared emergencies and epidemics
- Government travel restrictions
- Military actions and other hostilities
- Natural disasters