Due to legal requirements Stripe will extend their verification process. These requirements come from regulators and are intended to prevent abuse of the financial system. The information Stripe is required to collect differs from country to country, and typically includes (but is not limited to):
- The individual creating the Stripe account
- The business associated with the Stripe account
- Any individuals who ultimately own or control that business
- You can find the required information fields for users in each country by selecting the relevant country from the required verification information menu
Who is affected?
- Landlords with Company bank accounts
- A small proportion of individual accounts
- New landlords who add payout bank accounts
What will happen?
All accounts need to re-verify or extend their verification documents until 30.04.2020. These bank accounts are active, but need extra information.
What does it look like in the Landlord Dashboard?
- Click on Finances & Payout bank accounts (see below).
- There are four different statuses:
- Verified (you're good to go - nothing else to do)
- Verification needed (new bank account, no upload of documents yet)
- Verification pending (uploaded documents, not verified yet but in process)
- Enabled temporarily (used to be verified, but needs to re-verify before 30.04.2020)
- Click on the Verification needed / Enabled temporary button. You will be redirected to a Stripe form. Note: It is an official Stripe form and can not be changed by Homelike.
- Add the information required by Stripe
- Once all data has been uploaded, you're status will change to pending (waiting for the check of all documents by Stripe)
- Once all documents are checked, you're good to go!